MODIFICATION OF WOOD
Contents: Theory of chemical plasticization; Properties of plasticized non-ground and ground wood; Technological problems of plasticized non-ground, laminated and ground wood; Some data on the process of pressing of wood-particle boards; Wood modification by radio-chemical method.
- Trans. of mono. Modifikatsiya Drevesini, Riga, 1967. Sponsored in part by National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. Special Foreign Currency Science Information Program.
US Forest Service1400 Independence Avemue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20250
National Science FoundationSpecial Foreign Currency Science Information Program
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Darzinsh, T A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 401 p.
- TRT Terms: Absorption; Adhesives; Ammonia; Cellulose; Chemical properties; Composite materials; Density; Diffraction; Elasticity (Mechanics); Fire resistant materials; Forming; Hardwoods; Impregnation (Engineering); Laminated wood; Materials; Moisture content; Molecular structure; Plasticity; Plasticizers; Plastics; Railroad ties; Stability (Mechanics); Supply; Thermal properties; Timber; Translations; Water; Wood; Wood preservatives; X rays
- Uncontrolled Terms: X-ray diffraction
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Birch wood; Density mass/volume; Laminated cross ties; Molding materials; Radiochemistry; Timber supply; Wood supply
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00169684
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TT-72-51068
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C466
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM