TANKER POLLUTION ABATEMENT REPORT: A STUDY OF TANKER CONSTRUCTION, DESIGN, EQUIPMENT, AND OPERATING FEATURES RELATED TO IMPROVED POLLUTION ABATEMENT. DETAILED REPORT
This study represents the Maritime Administration's current reassessment of its pollution abatement standards for the CDS tanker construction program. It is concerned both with the application of certain pollution abatement features to existing vessels, as well as with new tanker design features. The study uses the vessels which are being constructed or have been constructed under the construction differential subsidy program. The vessels range in size from 35,000 DWT to 390,000 DWT. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
- See also Executive Summary rept., PB-273 867.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 273 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Hulls; Maneuvering; Navigational aids; Oil spills; Personnel development; Pollution control; Shipbuilding; Tankers; Vehicle design; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Abatement; Ship design; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Pollution abatement measures; Tanker construction; Tanker pollution prevention; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00169679
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-SC-730.2-78012
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM