WESTOVER INDUSTRIAL AIR PARK
The Westover Metropolitan Development Corporation's (WMDC) purpose is to aid private enterprise in the orderly conversion and redevelopment of 1,340 acres of surplus property declared surplus by the federal government at Westover Air Force Base, Massachusetts. Since its inception, the WMDC has dealt with the problems of acquiring title from the federal government for the surplus property under its purview and planning a logically derived conception of development of a complex facility. A major accomplishment during the past year was finalizing the acquisition of 873 acres of surplus property in the Town of Ludlow and concluding the Lease-Purchase Agreement with the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company.
- See also report dated Apr 76, PB-258 141.
Westover Metropolitan Development CorporationChicopee Falls, MA United States
Economic Development Administration14th Street, Between E St and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airports; Building; Businesses; Economic development; Industrial location; Industries; Land use; Land use planning; Market surveys; Private enterprise; Regional planning; Technical assistance; Urban development
- Uncontrolled Terms: Industrial parks
- Geographic Terms: Massachusetts
- Old TRIS Terms: Westover industrial air park
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Construction; Economics; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00169645
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EDA-77-0147 Stat Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EDA-01-6-01228-27
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM