AN EVALUATION OF POLICY RELATED RESEARCH ON CITIZEN PARTICIPATION IN MUNICIPAL SERVICE SYSTEMS: OVERVIEW AND SUMMARY
The project was conceived and structured as a means of providing municipal managers, interested citizens, and the academic community with concise reviews of the state-of-the-art and knowledge base concerning citizen participation processes in each of eight municipal service systems. This overview monograph includes: a statement of definitions and operational assumptions regarding the settings for citizen participation, a review of the state-of-the-art of the citizen participation literature, a summary of major policy relevant findings and recommendations, and suggestions for future research.
- Pub. as Technical Assistance Research Programs Inst., Washington, D.C., Monograph No. 1. Prepared in cooperation with Technical Assistance Research Programs Inst., Washington, D.C.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborSchool of Public Health
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48105
Technical Assistance Research Programs, Inc706 7th Street, SE
Washington, DC USA 20003
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Falkson, J L
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Cities; Cities and towns; City planning; Education; Evaluation; Health care; Law enforcement; Local government; Planning; Policy; Public health; Public participation; Research projects; Service agencies; Social factors; Social service; Standard of living; State of the art studies; Surveys; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation policy; Urban renewal; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Social welfare
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Program effectiveness; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Security and Emergencies; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00169620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF-RAS-74-044A
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GI-39196
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1981 12:00AM