A TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT OF OFFSHORE INDUSTRY AND ITS IMPACT ON THE MARITIME INDUSTRY 1976-2000. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This report contains a 25 year forecast of the offshore industry including offshore petroleum production, offshore power production, offshore mining, offshore service platforms, and commercial ocean fishing. Each segment of the offshore industry is described in terms of the current status of industry, trends that might influence the direction of future development, and forces acting on the industry to impede or encourage growth. The report examines potential areas of impact on the maritime industry, such as financial, manpower, environmental, materials requirements, legislation and regulation, and new technologies, that might result from offshore industry development. Further it discusses changes likely to result in the maritime industry from the various impacts described and suggests planning that will be needed to accommodate to the changes. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the future of the offshore industry.
- See also Volume 2, PB-272 984. Also available in set of 3 reports PC E12, PB-272 982-SET.
BDM Corporation7915 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA United States 22101
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Durfee, J H
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Deepwater harbors; Economic analysis; Economics; Electric power generation; Energy conversion; Environmental impacts; Fisheries; Fishing; Gas industry; Jurisprudence and judicial processes; Labor market; Legislation; Mineral deposits; Mining engineering; Nuclear power; Oceans; Offshore platforms; Offshore power plants; Offshore structures; Offshore terminals; Oil spill cleanup; Petroleum; Petroleum engineering; Petroleum terminals; Policy; Regulations; Technology assessment; Thermal power generation; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys; Gas production; Offshore operations; Offshore sites; Oil recovery
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Economics; Energy; Environment; Geotechnology; Law; Marine Transportation; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00169616
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BDM/W-77-425-TR Final Rpt., MA-RD-940-78001
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38024
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM