A REVIEW AND INVESTIGATION OF BETTER CRASH SEVERITY MEASURES: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
Over the last ten years, dozens of crash severity measures have been proposed, discussed, and used. This annotated bibliography reviews the extensive amount of crash severity literature--both American and European. The 245 references are grouped according to four subject categories: crash severity, accidents, crashworthiness, and biomechanics. Within each category the references are arranged by author and publication date. Exhaustive coverage has not been provided, but representative examples of literature on peripheral subjects have been included.
- Sponsored in part by Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc., Detroit, Mich.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI United States 48202
- MARSH IV, J C
- Campbell, K L
- Shah, U
- Publication Date: 1977-6-15
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Bibliographies; Biophysics; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash severity; Crash tests; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Research; Safety equipment; Tolerance (Physiology); Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Tolerances physiology; Traumatic disorders
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00169612
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-77-22 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM