THE ENERGY SUPPLY PLANNING MODEL. VOLUME II. USER'S MANUAL AND APPENDICES
The specific modeling work reported here was stimulated by the need to explore the feasibility of proposed U.S. energy policies in terms of the requirements for specific societal resources associated with the construction and operation of energy supply and energy transportation facilities needed to implement these energy supply policies. The Energy Supply Planning Model is designed to convert future (1975 to 1995) energy mixes to resource requirements schedules. With this planning tool, the feasibility of various proposed mixes can be assessed in terms of the time, capital, manpower, materials, and construction schedules required for the specified energy supply system. In carrying out the modeling efforts, special emphasis was placed on developing a rather transparent planning model where the user can test the implications of different energy policy options.
- See also Volume 1, PB-245 382.
Bechtel CorporationEnergy Systems Group
San Francisco, CA USA 94119
National Science FoundationOffice of Energy Research and Development Policy
Washington, DC USA 20550
- CARASSO, M
- Gallagher, J M
- Sharma, K J
- Gayle, J R
- Barany, R
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 331 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Construction; Cost indexes; Electric power plants; Electric power supply; Energy; Energy conservation; Energy consumption; Energy resources; Facilities; Federal government; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Fuel conservation; Mathematical models; Petroleum refineries; Planning; Policy; Public utilities; Regional planning; Resource allocation; Simulation; Statistics; Tables (Data); Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Utilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy management; Energy requirements; Fuel management; Fuel sources; Government policies; Refineries
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00169601
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF-10900-II-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C867
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM