THE CYCLIC STRENGTH OF SHIPS HULL STEELS
TSIKLICHESKAYA PROCHNOST SUDOKORPUSNYKH STALEY
This is a translation of two chapters from the book, The Cyclic Strength of Ship Hull Steels. Chapter V treats the scale effect during cyclic loading and results of structural tests, while Chapter VII analyzes the signs of fatigue cracks, location of these cracks, and the rate at which they spread in cyclically stressed specimens and parts.
- Translated from Sudostroyeniye, Leningrad, 1968. Chapters 5 and 7, pp90-119 and 140-184.
Naval Intelligence CommandAlexandria, VA USA
- Bykov, V A
- Razov, I A
- Khudozhnikova, L F
- Publication Date: 1968
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fatigue strength; Repeated loads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Scale effect
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00010304
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 25 1971 12:00AM