A PROGRAM FOR INTERACTIVE SIMULATION OF THE MOTIONS OF FLOATING STRUCTURES. MAINTENANCE MANUAL
Data structure and the routines written for an interactive simulation program of structures floating on water exposed to waves, wind, and currents are described. The structures may be held in position by anchors or thrustors or both. The program consists of two main parts: the first, reading input parameters from cards and making changes to these parameters on a TTY during the simulation (on-line changes); the other, performing the calculation of a structure motion as function of time (motion simulation).
- Subm-Sponsored by Roy. Norweg. Council for Sci. And Ind. Res.
Christian Michelsens InstituttArdel for Naturvidenskap og Teknikk
- Langfeldt, J N
- Publication Date: 1976-3-21
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic force; Anchors (Structural connectors); Dislocation (Geology); Dynamic structural analysis; Fasteners; Floating structures; Motion; Positioning; Simulation; Structural analysis; Studies; Subroutines
- Uncontrolled Terms: Floating bodies
- Old TRIS Terms: Input/output routines; Motion studies
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00169571
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CMI-74091-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM