SNOW STUDIES. VOLUME 2. 1975-OCTOBER 1977 (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
The bibliography covers research on snow cover, snowmelt, snowdrifts, snow removal, trafficability, snow rescue and survival, physical and mechanical properties, as well as detection by remote sensing. Applications include construction of roads, runways, buildings, pipe lines, etc., in cold, remote, arctic or subarctic regions. (This updated bibliography contains 185 abstracts, 59 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-76/0809, NTIS/PS-75/719, and NTIS/PS-75/042. See also Volume 1, 1964-74, NTIS/PS-76/0808.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- BROWN, R J
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 190 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Bibliographies; Chemical properties; Cold weather; Cold weather construction; Deicing chemicals; Mechanical properties; Operations; Physical properties; Remote sensing; Sensors; Snow; Snow cover; Snow removal; Snowdrifts; Snowmelt; Structures; Survival; Thickness; Trafficability
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00169548
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM