OIL POLLUTION DETECTION AND SENSING. VOLUME 2. 1976-NOVEMBER 1979 (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
Citations of research on sampling, detection, and chemical analysis of oil in water are presented. Studies on remote sensing principally using radar, ocean wave damping, and infrared detection are included. The classification, pattern recognition, luminescence, gas chromatography, and neutron activation analysis of oils are reported in these abstracts. The majority of these citations concern oil spills, but studies on oil wastes, industrial wastes, bilge water, and sewage are also covered.
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-77/0934.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Lehmann, E J
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Analysis; Bibliographies; Chemical analysis; Damping (Physics); Detectors; Fluorescence; Fuel oils; Gas chromatography; Hydrocarbons; Infrared detectors; Infrared spectroscopy; Light scattering; Luminescence; Monitoring; Neutron activation analysis; Ocean currents; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oils; Optical radar; Remote sensing; Sampling; Tankers; Test facilities; Water; Water pollution; X ray analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil analysis; Oil spill detection; Oily ballast water; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Environment; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00169537
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM