DEVELOP NICKEL--ZINC BATTERY SUITABLE FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE PROPULSION. TASK A: DESIGN AND COST STUDY
A three-month design and cost study for the use of nickel--zinc batteries in electric vehicles is presented. Battery configuration is analyzed, and expected performance is set forth. Current development problems concern component materials and capacity decline on cycling, electrolyte maintenance, and thermal characteristics. The manufacturing process is outlined, and estimates are made for cost, materials requirements, capital needs, etc.
- Performed under Contract W-31-109-ENG-38, SUB-31-109-3558.
Gould IncorporatedHandbook Department, Box 3140
Saint Paul, MN USA 55165
Energy Research and Development Administration20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-2-15
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Design; Electric vehicles; Electrolytes; Energy; Heat; Maintenance; Nickel; Nickel zinc batteries; Performance; Production; Storage batteries; Temperature; Zinc
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Thermal conditions
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00169484
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM