ALTERNATIVE FUTURE SCENARIOS FOR THE NATIONAL AVIATION SYSTEM. VOLUME 2. SCENARIO DESCRIPTIONS AND GRAPHICS
This study updated and expanded the five socioeconomic scenarios prepared for the FAA in the prior study similarly titled. These scenarios were revised to reflect changes in conditions since the original study and to incorporate new material that may better aid the FAA in policy analysis. Scenario sections on economics were greatly augmented to give substantive descriptions of the economic and financial processes, and a new sector on international conditions was added to each scenario. This volume contains the five scenario narratives as well as the projections for each of 46 variables which were selected to give quantification to the scenarios. Though the revised scenarios do not discuss the future NAS, Federal expenditures for non-defense aeronautical research and development were projected and the results are given in a separate section following the scenario narratives. This volume also contains a discussion of the major events which were found to influence scenario development. (Author)
- See also Volume 3, AD-A046 744.
Futures Group, IncorporatedGlastonbury, CT United States
- Fein, E
- Donahue, C
- Oppenheimer, M
- Goodrich, D
- BECKER, H
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Pagination: 296 p.
- TRT Terms: Aeronautics; Air transportation; Demographics; Development; Economics; Forecasting; Graphs; International; International relations; International trade; Natural resources; Planning; Population; Research; Socioeconomic factors; Specifications; Tables (Data); Transportation policy; Urban areas
- Identifier Terms: National Aviation System
- Uncontrolled Terms: National transportation system; Requirement; Research and development
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00169465
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 276-72-05/02 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA76WA-3855
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM