OCEAN WAVE STATISTICS FROM FLEET NUMERICAL WEATHER CENTRAL SPECTRAL ANALYSES
This report is directed toward potential applications of Fleet Numerical Weather Central spectral ocean wave products to coastal engineering. It deals specifically with formatting and properties of climatological wave data derived from synoptic spectral, wave information and speculates on the shoal water transformation of these deep-water data.
- Presented at the Conference on Coastal Engineering (15th), July 11-17, 1976, Honolulu, Hawaii. The report is a final technical note.
Fleet Numerical Weather CentralMonterey, CA USA 93940
- Thompson, W
- Reynolds, F M
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Climatology; Frequency (Electromagnetism); Graphs; Ocean waves; Offshore structures; Spectrum analysis; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Water waves; Waveform analysis; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Deep water; Wave climatology; Wave statistics; Waveform
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00169455
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FNWC-TN-77-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM