CHARACTERISTICS OF OPERATION OF 400 HZ FREQUENCY (OSOBENNOSTI RABOTY ELECKTROENERGETICHESKIKH SISTEM CHASTOTOY 400 GTS)
Today it is apparent that the use of 400 Hz frequency electric energy systems (EES) on small-tonnage fast vessels produces effective results. A number of river boats, as well as one of the first sea-going vessels -- the controllable hydrofoil passenger motorship TAYFUN -- are being successfully operated with this type of electric energy systems. This as yet little experience permits making a deduction that the expectations of improvement of the overall weight indices, as well as simplification and improvement of other characteristics of the systems resulting from higher current frequency have been justified. However, some specialists in marine electrical technology raised the question of complications in certain operating phases of the 400 Hz frequency electric energy systems as compared to the conventional systems. It was only natural, therefore, that designers of fast small-tonnage ships rightly demanded that all of these problems be resolved. It has now become possible to generalize certain phases of work that have been completed and to answer the above questions.'
- Trans. of Sudostroyeniye (USSR) n7 p41-44 1974.
Naval Intelligence Support CenterTranslation Services Division
Washington, DC USA
- Zhemoydo, V S
- Kitayenko, G I
- Tokarev, L N
- Publication Date: 1977-8-17
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power; Electric power generation; Electric power plants; Electric power transmission; Frequency (Electromagnetism); Hydrofoil boats; Passenger ships; Ships; System design; Transformers; Transients; Translations; Voltage regulation; Voltage regulators; Volume; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shipboard
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Electric power system design; Electrical loads; Frequency stabilizers; Hydrofoil craft; Passenger vessels; Power transformers; Ultralow frequency; Voltage control
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00169374
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NISC-Trans-3955
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM