SHIPSIM/OPTSIM: SIMULATION PROGRAM FOR STATIONARY LINEAR OPTIMAL STOCHASTIC CONTROL SYSTEMS
The SHIPSIM/OPTSIM computer program for the simulation of stationary, linear optimal stochastic control systems is presented. This program consists of two separate entities: SHIPSIM is a general continuous system simulation program designed to provide a versatile simulation capability with simple user input. This program can be used for any continuous systems simulation problem which can be defined in the three user-supplied subroutines; and OPTSIM is a group of subroutines which are run under SHIPSIM for the simulation of the response of stationary, linear optimal stochastic control systems to initial condition errors and specific user-supplied process disturbances while subject to measurement white noise. These two program groups are described; User's Documentation, Programmer's Documentation, and listings are included as appendices. A simulation of an optimal stochastic path controller for a tanker operating in shallow water is presented as an example. The programs are written in FORTRAN IV and with the exception of the plotting portion of SHIPSIM, they are essentially independent of the Michigan Terminal System (MTS). (Author)
- Availability: Microfiche copies only.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- Parsons, M G
- Greenblatt, J E
- Publication Date: 1977-6-23
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computer programs; Control systems; Covariance; Distributions (Statistics); Feedback control; Linear systems; Maneuvering; Matrices (Mathematics); Navigation; Optimization; Programming manuals; Ship pilotage; Ship simulators; Simulation; Stochastic processes; Subroutines; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Distribution functions; Feedback; Shallow water
- Old TRIS Terms: Control systems design; Riccati equation; Shallow water effects; Stochastic control
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00169364
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ONR-CR215-249-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0751
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1978 12:00AM