IMPLEMENTATION OF NUCLEAR GAGE MOISTURE STANDARDS
Two sand and magnesium sulfate moisture standards and a magnesium density standard were implemented into the Virginia Department of Highways and Transportation nuclear moisture gage calibration procedure. In addition to the development of moisture standards, the nuclear program used in determining the moisture calibration curve for a nuclear gage was modified to accept new input data and to provide a more useful output. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
- Record URL:
- Sponsored in part by Federal Highway Administration, Richmond, Va. Virginia Div., Virginia Dept. of Highways and Transportation, Richmond, and Virginia Univ., Charlottesville.
Virginia Highway and Transportation Research CouncilCharlottesville, VA United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
Virginia Department of HighwaysTraffic and Planning Division, 1221 East Broad Street
Richmond, VA United States 23219
University of Virginia, CharlottesvilleCenter for Transportation Studies, P.O. Box 400742
Charlottesville, VA United States 22904-4742
- Wyant, D C
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Calibration; Densitometers; Electromagnetic radiation; Magnesium compounds; Measuring instruments; Moisture meters; Nuclear tests; Sand; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Radiation measuring instruments
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00169308
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: VHTRC-77-R31 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM