IMPROVED RAILROAD OPERATIONS USING A RAILROAD AUTOMATED IDENTIFICATION AND LOCATION SYSTEM. VOLUME 2: DMP TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
This volume documents the dynamic movement predictor (DMP), a railroad simulation model designed to interface with the Grand Trunk's Railroad Automated Identification and Location System (RAILS). A set of procedures detailing how to use the model is presented, validation of the model is discussed, and the construction of the model is documented. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
- Prepared in cooperation with Grand Trunk Western Railroad Co., Detroit, Mich. See also Volume 1, PB-275 591.
SRI International333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA United States 94025-3493
Grand Trunk Western Railroad Company131 West Lafayette Boulevard
Detroit, MI United States 48226
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Tashker, M G
- Elliott, C V
- Hathorne, M R
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Car utilization (Railroads); Computer programs; Control systems; Dispatching; Freight cars; Inventory control; Location; Management; Management information systems; Operations; Planning; Position fixing; Railroad terminals; Railroad transportation; Railroad yards; Routing; Scheduling; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Distributing; Grand trunk western railroad company; Management planning; Operations planning; Yard and terminal control
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00169302
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/OPPD-77/19 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-45020
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM