SAFETY STATUS DATA COLLECTION METHODOLOGY. VOLUME IV. UPDATE OF VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION CODE
This volume contains an update of the NHTSA motor vehicle identification code. Vehicle production for model years 1974 through 1977 is identified and coded, and presented together with the original identification code. Since the update work was performed in the first quarter of 1977, later 1977 model productions are not included.
- See also Volume 3, PB-275 479 and Volume 5, PB-275 481. Also available in set of 6 reports PC E14, PB-275 476-SET.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA USA 01887
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bentley, G K
- Philippi, M A
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Coding systems; Collisions; Crash injury research; Data collection; Defects; Evaluation; Identification systems; Information processing; Inspection; Measures of effectiveness; Methodology; Motor vehicles; Prevention; Project management; Research; Safety; States; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile makes; Identifying number
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00169291
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-574 Final Rpt., AVSD-0109-77RR-VOL 4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01159
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM