SAFETY STATUS DATA COLLECTION METHODOLOGY. VOLUME III. TECHNICAL REPORT ON PMVI EXPERIMENT DESIGN
Volume III presents the technical results of the experiment design task. A technically valid experiment is defined. Furthermore, it is shown that most classic experiment designs using existing data sources are inadequate. The experiment requires two groups - one subject to periodic inspection, the other exempt from inspection.
- See also Volume 2, PB-275 478 and Volume 4, PB-275 480. Also available in set of 6 reports PC E14, PB-275 476-SET.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA United States 01887
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Bentley, G K
- Cooper, P W
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crashes; Data collection; Defects; Design; Evaluation; Experiments; Information processing; Inspection; Measures of effectiveness; Methodology; Motor vehicles; Prevention; Project management; Research; Safety; States; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Experimental design
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00169290
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-573 Final Rpt., AVSD-0109-77RR-VOL-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01159
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM