THE SAN DIEGO TRANSIT STUDY DATA BASE: REFERENCE MANUAL
The manual presents descriptions of the sources and procedures used in compiling a data set for analyzing the impacts of changes in the service and fare policies of the San Diego Transit Corporation (SDTC) bus system over a 40-month period between 1972-1975. The manual describes the data items, the sources of data, the coding procedures, and the creation of computer files. It provides a glossary of terms and concepts adopted in creating and using the data set. The intent of the manual is twofold: (1) to serve as a supplementary reference document to other reports of the Urban Institute's San Diego transit study, and (2) to be a source for those who wish to familiarize themselves with the nature and structure of the computer files.
- See also report dated May 77, PB-275 009.
Washington, DC United States 20037
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Service & Method Demonstration, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Green, M A
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus lines; Bus transportation; Coding systems; Computer programs; Data collection; Databases; Fares; Information processing; Level of service; Manuals; Operating costs; Policy; Prices; Public transit; Transportation operations; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data sources; Services
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Coding; Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00169258
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-52-0002-77-3, Working Pap 5066-5-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 2003 12:00AM