A NATIONAL NETWORK DATA BASE SYSTEM
The report documents a data base system created at the National Bureau of Standards. The National Network Data Base System (NNDBS) provides information on flows of freight and passengers throughout the transportation system of the United States. It consists of a set of Fortran programs written for the NBS Univac 1108 (but transportable) and some basic data tapes. In addition to providing basic data on the transportation network, the NNDBS can produce modal splits, aggregations over certain zones in the U.S., and is capable of easy extension to other uses. The report is intended as a user's guide and includes discussions of the data tapes and each of the programs. Complete listings and tape formats are also included.
- Supported in part by the Office of the Secretary of Transportation, Washington, D.C., and the Office of the Chief of Engineers (Army), Washington, D.C.
National Bureau of StandardsApplied Mathematics Division
Washington, DC United States 20234
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Washington, DC United States 20314-1000
- Jackson, RHF
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Commodities; Commodity flow; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Databases; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Information systems; Intermodal transportation; Manuals; Mathematical models; Modal split; Network analysis (Planning); Networks; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Statistics; Transportation; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cargo flow; Transportation networks
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Cargo transportation; Commodity flow patterns; Commodity statistics; National transportation policies; Transportation model or system; Transportation models and systems; Univac 1108
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00169228
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-75-911 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM