CONCEPTS FOR ESTIMATING CAPACITY OF BASIC RUNWAY CONFIGURATIONS
One method of evaluating the impact of changes in the governing longitudinal separation standards on final approach is through the estimation of runway capacity. This paper presents concepts for such an estimation. The arrival stream is analyzed with respect to the applicable longitudinal separation standards, ATC system performance and the interactions with departures, if any, as governed by the appropriate ATC rules and procedures. Concepts are developed for arrival only, departure only, arrival/departure, dual-lane, and intersecting runway configurations. The revision updates the January 1976 version, primarily with respect to the detail of dealing with intersecting runway configurations.
Mitre Corporation1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard
McLean, VA USA 22102
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Amodeo, F A
- Haines, A L
- Sinha, A N
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Aircraft separation; Airport capacity; Airport runways; Estimating; Flight paths; Landing; Scheduling; Standard deviation; Standards; Takeoff
- Uncontrolled Terms: Runway capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landings
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00169218
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-7115-Rev-1 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA70WA-2448
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM