POST-ASAP ANALYSIS OF PROJECT IMPACT ON ULTIMATE MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE, 1975-76 PERIOD
The report summarizes the results of the continued ASAP (Alcohol Safety Action Project) countermeasures, covering data for 18 month after termination of 403 funding. There was definite reduction in the number of fatal injuries, and fatal crashes from what was predicated by time series analysis using Box Jenkins approach. Data on vehicle miles of travel, were taken into consideration. The encouraging figures for the period should be considered in the fact, that the reduction of fatal accidents occurred at night and day time accidents did not change significantly. Using Time Series Analysis Technique known as 'Intervention Analysis' it was concluded that continued ASAP activities resulted in a reduction of 2.8 fatal night-time accidents per month, starting in January, 1974 and continued through December, 1976. The same analysis made on data limited to baseline and ASAP operational period did not show significant results.
- Prepared by Yeganiantz (Levon), Santurce, Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico Traffic Safety CommissionSanturce, Puerto Rico 00907
Yeganiantz (Levon)Santurce, PR United States 00907
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Yeganiantz, L
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Crash investigation; Crash rates; Days; Driver rehabilitation; Fatalities; Human factors engineering; Impact studies; Night; Prevention; Project management; Safety; Time series analysis; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Travel; Vehicle miles of travel
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Rehabilitation
- Geographic Terms: Puerto Rico
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00168982
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt. No. LY-77-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-160-2-251
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM