PULSED ACOUSTIC VORTEX SENSING SYSTEM. VOLUME III. PAVSS OPERATION AND SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION
Avco Corporation's Systems Division designed and developed an engineered Pulsed Acoustic Vortex Sensing System (PAVSS). This system is capable of real-time detection, tracking, recording, and graphic display of aircraft trailing vortices. This volume of the report presents the operation of the pulsed acoustic vortex sensing system and the computer software documentation.
- See also Volume 4, AD-A046 254.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA USA 01887
- Schweiger, R N
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic detectors; Acoustics; Cathode ray tubes; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Data storage; Electronics; Flow charts; Information display systems; Information processing; Information storage and retrieval systems; Jet propelled aircraft; Real time control; Real time data processing; Recording; Subroutines; Systems; Tracking systems; Vortex shedding; Vortices; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic detection; Acoustic tracking; Cathode ray tube screens; Electronic recording systems; Flow charting; Trailing vortices
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00168947
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-75-161.3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-620
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 2002 12:00AM