PULSED ACOUSTIC VORTEX SENSING SYSTEM. VOLUME II. STUDIES OF IMPROVED PAVSS PROCESSING TECHNIQUES
Avco Corporation's Systems Division designed and developed an engineered Pulsed Acoustic Vortex Sensing System (PAVSS). This system is capable of real-time detection, tracking, recording, and graphic display of aircraft trailing vortices. This volume of the report presents the results of two subcontractor studies directed toward development of improved vortex tracking software techniques for the PAVSS. The volume recommends the incorporation of several improvements in the software. The subcontractor final reports (Scope Electronics, Inc. and Arcon Corporation) are furnished as appendixes to this volume.
- Prepared in cooperation with Scope Electronics, Inc., Reston, VA and Arcon Corp., Wakefield, MA. See also Volume 3, AD-A046 272.
Avco Systems Division201 Lowell Street
Wilmington, MA United States 01887
- Schweiger, R N
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 146 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic detectors; Acoustics; Computer programming; Electronic equipment; Information display systems; Jet propelled aircraft; Line of sight; Real time control; Real time data processing; Tracking systems; Vortex shedding; Vortices; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic detection; Acoustic tracking; Delay circuits; Trailing vortices
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168946
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-75-161.2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-620
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 2002 12:00AM