PROJECTIONS OF 1980 FREIGHT DEMANDS FOR SELECTED MIDWESTERN RAILROADS
The study shows how projections of state-to-state rail freight shipments can be made for all commodities carried on particular rail lines. To make the projections, a combination of data from the MRIO and the other transportation sources were used for five midwestern railroads: Chicago and Northwestern, Soo Line, Milwaukee Road, Burlington Northern, and Rock Island Lines. The step-by-step projection procedure outlined in the report was specifically designed so only a minimum of alterations needed to be made to the various data. This limit on the number of alterations was required partly because of time and cost considerations and partly because of the desire to maintain the data in as close as possible conformity to their original values.
- See also report dated Sep 73, PB-233 586.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Urban Studies and Planning, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Pucher, J R
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Demand; Economic models; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Information processing; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Statistics; Traffic forecasting
- Identifier Terms: BNSF Railway; Chicago and North Western Transportation Company; Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad; Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad; Soo Line Railroad Company
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Commodity statistics; Projection; Soo line railroad
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00168936
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-76T-40 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30104
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM