CARLOAD WAYBILL STATISTICS. BASED ON A SAMPLE OF WAYBILLS FOR TERMINATIONS IN THE YEAR 1976. TERRITORIAL DISTRIBUTION, TRAFFIC AND REVENUE BY COMMODITY CLASSES
The statistics have been compiled from a sample of audited revenue waybills submitted to the FRA by 76 railroads. The data regarding territorial distribution of railroad carload terminations have been compiled since 1972 utilizing a computer based Waybill Information Processing System (WIPS) developed under the direction of the Federal Railroad Administration. The statistics tabulated for 1976 were derived from a total of 136,153 waybills, 44,065 EM-5 documents and 882 multiple car statement documents resulting in 202,924 carloads. The waybill sample includes import, export, transit, rebilled, and piggyback (TOFC-trailer-on-flat-car) traffic. Excluded are shipments weighing less than 10,000 pounds and moving on less than carload rate or any quantity rates, and traffic originating or terminating in Mexico and Canada.
- See also report dated 1975, PB-258 460.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 250 p.
- TRT Terms: Carloadings; Commodities; Computer programming; Economic conditions; Exports; Freight transportation; Imports; Origin and destination; Piggyback transportation; Railroad transportation; Regions; Revenues; Statistics; Traffic; Waybills
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Commodity statistics; Economic surveys
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00168932
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/FRA/RPD-77/1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM