VEHICLE DETECTOR PLACEMENT FOR HIGH-SPEED, ISOLATED TRAFFIC-ACTUATED INTERSECTION CONTROL. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The study was undertaken to improve understanding of how to place vehicle detectors at high-speed (at least 35 mph), isolated, traffic-actuated intersections, and how to test and evaluate alternative detector/controller configurations for intersection traffic safety and efficiency. This volume provides a general overview of project results including the other two volumes, and has appendices that summarize the characteristics of the main types of advanced detection that were investigated.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E09, PB-273 379-SET.
Urban Interface Group1015 Madison Place
Laguna Beach, CA USA 92651
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Sackman, H
- Monahan, B
- Parsonson, P S
- Trevino, A F
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Actuated traffic signal controllers; Actuating systems; Behavior; Conflict (Psychology); Design; Detectors; Drivers; Field tests; Highway traffic; Highway traffic control; Intersections; Location; Motion; Motor vehicles; Positioning; Shape; Speed; Speed control; Traffic actuated controllers; Traffic engineering; Traffic safety; Traffic signals; Traffic speed; Trucks; Vehicle detectors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Configuration
- Old TRIS Terms: Actuation; Intersection speed control; Placement; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00168899
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-77- 31 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8860
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM