THE ROLE OF SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION IN CRITICAL PERIOD MANAGEMENT. VOLUME I
The purpose of this study was to examine the role of scientific and technical information in the resolution of domestic crises. The study was designed to be an exploratory effort, which would provide insight into the use of scientific and technical information and develop hypotheses which could be employed in future experiments or analyses. The method used to conduct the studies included the preparation and analysis of four ex post case histories of domestic crises. The crises examined include: Penn Central bankruptcy, Oil Embargo of 1973-74, Emergency blackout of September 20, 1970 in parts of New York City, and the Apollo 13 incident. (Portions of this document are not fully legible)
- Prepared in cooperation with Chase-Mogdis, Inc., Ann Arbor, Mich. See also Volume 2, PB-272 179.
Gellman Research Associates, Incorporated100 West Avenue
Jenkintown, PA United States 19046
Chase-Mogdis, IncorporatedAnn Arbor, MI United States
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20550
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 152 p.
- TRT Terms: Bankruptcy; Commercial space transportation; Communication; Crashes; Crude oil; Decision making; Economic conditions; Electric power; Energy resources; Flight; History; Hypothesis testing; Industrial engineering; Information systems; Information, data, and knowledge; Management; Policy; Problem solving; Railroads; Spacecraft; Urban areas; Utilization
- Identifier Terms: Penn Central Transportation Company
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis; Hypothesis; Information exchange; Resolution
- Old TRIS Terms: Communicating; Management policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Energy; Finance; History; Policy; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168838
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF76-05499
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1978 12:00AM