STATUS OF THE MINERAL INDUSTRIES
Contents: U.S. minerals requirements; The role of minerals in the U.S. economy--1976; U.S. mineral production in relation to the rest of the world; World steel production; Import reliance; U.S. imports and exports of raw and processed minerals; Energy; Petroleum and natural gas; Uranium; Coal; Bituminous coal and lignite underground and surface mining trends; Iron and steel; Aluminum; Major nonferrous metals (copper, zinc, lead); Old scrap; Plastics; Fertilizers (nitrogen, phosphate rock, potash); Nonmetallic construction materials; Profits after Federal income taxes as a percentage of stockholders' equity; Debt-equity ratios; Index of plant and equipment expenditures; Current asset to current liability ratios; Minerals transportation (railroads, pipelines, waterways, highways).
- See also PB-254 448.
Bureau of MinesC Street Between 18th and 19th Streets, NW
Washington, DC USA 20241
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Carbonates; Coal; Coal industry; Coal mining; Commodities; Commodity flow; Competition; Demand; Economic analysis; Energy resources; Fertilizers; Fossil fuels; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Graphics; Graphs; International trade; Iron and steel industry; Iron ores; Junkyards; Lignite; Materials recovery (Mining); Metal industry; Mineral deposits; Minerals; Natural resources; Phosphate rock; Plastics; Policy; Potassium; Raw materials; Recycling; Scrap metal; Solid waste disposal; Supply; Transportation modes; Uranium
- Uncontrolled Terms: Potassium carbonate
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity flow patterns; Commodity management; Government policies; Graphic methods; Graphs charts; Lignite traffic; Materials recovery; Metal scrap; Mineral economics; Mineral traffic; Phosphate deposits; Supply economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00168816
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BuMines-SP-8-77
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1978 12:00AM