MEASUREMENTS AND STANDARDS FOR RECYCLED OIL: PROCEEDINGS OF A WORKSHOP HELD AT THE NATIONAL BUREAU OF STANDARDS IN GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND ON NOVEMBER 22 AND 23, 1976
Contents: The NBS workshop objectives and the NBS recycled oil program; Burning used oil at a military installation; Fuel oil and the Defense Supply Agency; Fuel oil specifications; Automotive crankcase drainings used for fuel; ASTM test methods for industrial oils; Industrial oil recycling at Chrysler; Industrial oils-descriptions, additives, and test methods; The use of recycled industrial and hydraulic oils at Ford; Industrial lubricants, reclaimed oils, and test methods; DOD experiences in testing lube oils; Waste oil recycling--an idea whose time has come; Comments on additive response to different base oils; Activities of the ASTM used oil task force; Activities of the API used oil task force; Chevron research's experiences with re-refined oils; Engine sequence tests for determination of lube oil quality; Screening tests on lube oils; Laboratory testing on re-refined motor oil; Diesel lube oil test methods; Recent used oil legislation; The lead problem associated with recycled oil; Factors affecting used oil recovery/utilization and effects of proposed policy alternatives; Energy conservation aspects of re-refined oil; Marketing barriers for recycled oil.
- Library of Congress catalog card no. LCCCN-77-600032.
National Bureau of StandardsOffice of Recycled Materials--Recycled Oil Program
Washington, DC USA 20234
- BECKER, D A
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Charts; Conservation; Crankcases; Diesel engines; Energy; Energy conservation; Environment; Fuel oils; Fuels; Gasoline; Hydraulic fluids; Laws; Lead (Metal); Lubricants; Lubricating oils; Marketing; Materials recovery (Mining); Meetings; Oils; Performance evaluations; Petroleum products; Quality assurance; Quality control; Recycling; Refining; Specifications; Standards; Surveys; Testing; Utilization; Waste products
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental surveys; Gasoline oils; Materials recovery; Oil wastes; Process charting
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Law; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00168786
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS-SP-488 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1978 12:00AM