TIMED DEVELOPMENT STUDY
The study evaluates current development trends in the city of Fremont and remaining development potential, and contains growth policy recommendations. A proposed Timed Development System (TDS) includes three elements: (1) establishment of an annual residential 'growth target' based on employment growth and a desired household/job ratio; (2) designation of residential 'priority growth' areas; and (3) a competitive project review system for the allocation of building permits. In addition, this study recommends that an 'Interim Development Policy for Minimum Density Development on Multi-Family Lands' should be continued. The purposes of the proposed TDS/Minimum Density policies are: (1) reduction of vehicle miles traveled and associated air pollution by expanding local job opportunities and developing multi-family housing in areas accessible to public transit and close to commercial areas; (2) improving the fiscal capacity of the city to provide services; (3) achievement of local and regional housing objectives, including a mix of housing types; (4) promoting urban design and economic development objectives of the city by creating an identifiable and multi-functional urban center; (5) promoting optimum site and project design; and (6) conserving sewage treatment capacity for economic development by phasing residential development. The study includes an analysis of the fiscal impact on the city of projected growth under current development trends.
Fremont Community and Economic Development DepartmentFremont, CA USA
San Francisco Department of Housing and Urban DevelopmentSan Francisco, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; City planning; Communities; Construction; Dwellings; Economic development; Employment; Finance; Housing; Housings; Mobility; Sewers; Studies; Trade; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00168783
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CF-RR-77-1
- Contract Numbers: HUD-CPA-CA-1024
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 2002 12:00AM