EFFECTIVE FUEL CONSERVATION PROGRAMS COULD SAVE MILLIONS OF GALLONS OF AVIATION FUEL
In 1976 the airlines used about 9.5 billion gallons of jet fuel. This report discusses Federal actions to conserve fuel used by the airlines and suggests ways additional fuel savings can be realized.
- Report to the Congress.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1977-8-15
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Aviation fuels; Energy conservation; Fuel consumption; Jet engine fuels; Passenger transportation; Recommendations
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Environment; Passenger Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168770
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-77-98
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1978 12:00AM