THE MARKET FOR AIRLINE AIRCRAFT: A STUDY OF PROCESS AND PERFORMANCE
The key variables accounting for the nature, timing and magnitude of the equipment and re-equipment cycle are identified and discussed. Forecasts of aircraft purchases by U.S. trunk airlines over the next 10 years are included to examine the anatomy of equipment forecasts in a way that serves to illustrate how certain of these variables or determinants of aircraft demand can be considered in specific terms.
- Subm-Prepared in Cooperation with Simat, Helliesen and Eichner, Inc., Tarrytown, N. J.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Pagination: 204 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Aircraft; Aircraft industry; Equipment; Forecasting; Governments; Market research; Procurement; Reliability; Transport aircraft; Vehicle design; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design; Aircraft maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft equipment; Aircraft performance; Aircraft production; Government procurement
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168671
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-154617
- Contract Numbers: NASW-2971
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1978 12:00AM