TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION (CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS DATA BASE)
Unique tunneling methods, cost studies, tunnel support innovations, tunneling machines, and soil and rock properties encountered are investigated in these Government-sponsored research reports. Vehicular, water, sewage, and mine tunnels are reviewed. Finite element analysis is used extensively for investigation of soil and rock mechanics. (This updated bibliography contains 327 abstracts, 82 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-76/0647, NTIS/PS-75/550, NTIS/PS-74/096 and COM-73-11390. See also NTIS/PS-76/0648, NTIS/PS-76/0649, NTIS/PS-76/0650 and NTIS/PS-77/0788.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Habercom Jr, G E
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Pagination: 332 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Analysis; Bibliographies; Construction; Costs; Excavation and tunneling; Finite element method; Mines; Physical properties; Properties of materials; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Sewerage; Soils; Subways; Tunnel lining; Tunnel supports; Tunneling; Tunneling machines; Underground structures; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Cost analysis; Sewage; Soil properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock properties; Subway construction; Tunnel excavation; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00168648
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1981 12:00AM