PRODUCTION OF PIPES AND ASSEMBLY OF PIPELINES AND PIPE SYSTEMS ON SHIPS
IZGOTOVLENIYE I MONTAZH SUDOVYKH TRUBOPROVODOV I SISTEM
Requirements put toward various pipe systems are dictated by application, environmental factors, class of ships and others. Among the most common requirements are the necessary mechanical strength, long service life, easiness in handling (machining assembly) and low cost. The mechanical strength is determined by various properties which are revealed during testing of samples, or the testing of individual pipes under laboratory conditions of the plant-supplier. The service life is determined by the stability of pipes against corrosion, erosion, aging and other destructive environmental forces. Economic considerations also occupy an important place in the selection of material for pipe systems. As a result the majority of the pipelines are built of inexpensive carbon steel pipes, regardless of their comparatively short service life.
- Trans. of Mono., Leningrad, 1975 p5-12, 84-93, 102-109 and 123-126.
Naval Intelligence Support CenterTranslation Services Division
Washington, DC United States
- Ganov, E V
- Publication Date: 1977-8-2
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Assemblies (Equipment); Brass; Copper; Copper alloys; Corrosion; Costs; Ethylene resins; Fabrication; Fittings; Flanges; Industrial engineering; Joints (Engineering); Life expectancy; Linings; Materials selection; Nickel alloys; Pipe; Pipelines; Plastics; Production; Productivity; Ships; Shipyards; Specifications; Stainless steel; Systems; Translations; Valves; Welding; Welds; Zinc coatings
- Uncontrolled Terms: Assembly; Cost analysis; Polyethylene; Shipboard; Welded joints
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipe fabrication; Pipe fittings; Pipe welding; Piping corrosion; Piping systems specifications
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168521
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NISC-Trans-3953
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1978 12:00AM