LOW COST PAVEMENT DESIGN IN THAILAND
This report demonstrates the Thai approach to highway construction. The practices are adopted for both low and high types of road pavements to minimize the cost of construction. The CBR and the Benkelman Beam Rebound Principles, in addition to the author's opinion on certain techniques, such as the importance and the implementation technique of pavement drainage which help to minimize problems and reduce the cost of maintenance to a certain extent. This report covers the road programs ofthe country, its views of types, classes and functions of several classifications of roads. The low cost design is then explained. This report does not particularly concentrate on the light traffic roads as most of those in the country are only unsurfaced roads.
Thailand Department of HighwaysBangkok 4, Thailand
- Rananand, N
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmosphere; Benkelman beam; California bearing ratio; Classification; Drainage; Highways; Low volume roads; Maintenance management; Pavement design; Road construction; Tropics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Highway classification; Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Low cost road construction
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00168405
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res. Rpt. No. 26
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM