METHODOLOGY FOR DETERMINING, ISOLATING, AND CORRECTING RUNWAY ROUGHNESS
A method to determine the roughness of runway profiles in terms of aircraft response is presented. The aircraft response is specified in terms of pilot-station vertical accelerations, which are determined from computer simulation. Corrections to the profiles are then made to reduce the aircraft response.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/21041A04
- This report was sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration.
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM United States 87131
- Seeman, D R
- Nielsen, J P
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Aircraft; Airport runways; Roughness; Simulation; Texture
- Uncontrolled Terms: Profiles
- Old TRIS Terms: Response
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168399
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Aviation Administration
- ISBN: 21041A04
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-75-110-II Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: F29601-76-C-0015
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 7 1978 12:00AM