AN INVESTIGATION OF A COMBINED BLASTING AND COATING TECHNIQUE. A PATENTED PROCESS
Experimental work on a novel method for combining the processes of cleaning and protecting steel surfaces against corrosion is reported. The technique consists of using an abrasive coated with a binder and zinc dust. Various formulations of abrasive binder and zinc dust have been tested to determine the effect of variables in composition and application. The most pronounced effects obtained with zinc-coated abrasives in comparison with untreated abrasives are seen with paints of low film thickness (10-20) where the corrosion resistance is significantly improved. Order from: BSRA as No. 47,217.
- Congress held in Antibes, June 14-18, 1976.
Int'l Congress on Marine Corrosion & Fouling (4th)Antibes, France
- Bender-Christensen, B
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Blast cleaning; Coatings; Corrosion protection; Corrosion resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00168331
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM