GROUNDING CHARACTERISTICS AND EFFECTS
Data on the details of 52 groundings were collected from the files of IMCO and USCG from 1944 to 1975. Cases are identified by number or name, flag, type, tonnage and characteristics. Information lists repair costs, location of casualty, weather, cause of grounding, speed of impact, information on double bottom condition; damage location, description, length, width and depth; also type of sea bottom.
- See also Report on Task I PB-264556 and Task 2 PB-264558.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Zahn, A S
- Publication Date: 1977-1-28
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Fatalities; Groundings (Maritime crashes); Maritime crashes; Prevention; Repairing; Safety; Ships; Statistics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Casualty data; Ship casualties
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168274
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA/RD-920-77-57-T-5 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MARAD-6-38053
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM