IMPACT OF OIL ON THE MARINE ENVIRONMENT
An estimated total of 2 to 20 million tons of oil are discharged to the marine environment annually. This report analyzes the impact of oil spills on the marine environment and its living resources. Subjects covered include: tainting, deoxygenation, carcinogenesis, effect on microbial populations, ethal, sublethal and heating effects, sorption of chlorinated hydrocarbons, interference with the gas exchange and routes into biosystems.
- Joint Group of Experts on the Scientific Aspects of Marine Pollution.
UnipubBox 433, Murray Hill Station
New York, NY USA 10016
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 250 p.
- TRT Terms: Impacts; Oil spills
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill impact
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00168244
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Unipub
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM