TECHNICAL PROGRESS IN SHIPBUILDING AND MARINE ENGINEERING IN JAPAN DURING 1979
Provides a detailed review of projects and accomplishments in the following areas: Shipbuilding Statistics; Improvements in Shipbuilding Facilities; Progress of Construction Method in Shipbuilding; Major Ships Completed; Ship Design; Hull Strength; Vibration and Dynamic Response; Welding; Materials; Resistance and Propulsion; Seaworthiness and Wave Load; Maneuverability; Ocean Engineering; Improvement and Development of Appliances Devised for Manufacturing Engines; Steam Turbine Plants; Diesel Engines; Marine Gas Turbines; Nuclear Power Plants; Shafting and Propeller; Auxiliaries and Outfitting; Electric and Control Equipment; Prospect for Ocean Development Engineering and Equipment; Prevention and Counter-measures of Pollution; and Important Amendments to Regulations and Classification Society Rules.
Society of Naval Architects of Japan15-16, Toranomon, 1-chome, Minato-ku
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic loads; Engines; Hulls; Maneuverability; Manufacturing; Ocean engineering; Propulsion; Seaworthiness; Shipbuilding; Shipbuilding materials; Ships; Specifications; Strength of materials; Vehicle design; Vibration; Wave resistance; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine manufacturing; Hull construction; Hull strength
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168219
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects of Japan
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM