A GLOBAL SYSTEM FOR SHIP STRUCTURE CALCULATIONS
In this paper a Global System for ship structure analysis, outlined and partially developed by Registro Italiano Navale, is introduced which is composed by some modular subsystems linked to each other: Each of these subsystems making use of some modern design concepts and dealing with several powerful mathematical methods solves a problem concerning many subjects as hydrodynamics, stress and strength analysis, spectral analysis and fracture mechanics. Useful links between the subsystems make the system a flexible and reliable tool for ship structural design. In this paper after a review of the system a detailed description of the part concerning longitudinal strength of the ship is given and a calculation example applied to a container ship is shown.
- This paper was forwarded to the IV Meeting of "Italian Association for Stress Analysis" held in Rome from September 30-October 2, 1976.
Registro Italiano Navale20 Via Vente Settembre
- Merega, F
- Fanciullaci, G
- Gennaro, A
- Maresca, A
- Pittaluga, A
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Fracture mechanics; Hydrodynamics; Mathematical models; Ship structural components; Ships; Spectrum analysis; Strength of materials; Structural analysis; Structural mechanics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship models; Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship structures; Strength analysis
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Registro Italiano Navale
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Bull 61
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM