ON THE SPEED OF PROPAGATION OF WAVES IN A DEFORMED COMPRESSIBLE ELASTIC MATERIAL
A sinuosidal wave of infinitesimal amplitude is propagated in an isotropic compressible elastic material subjected to a static pure homogeneous deformation. Necessary and sufficient conditions are obtained for the speed of propagation to be real in the case when the direction of propagation is parallel to a principal plane of the static deformation.
Lehigh UniversityCenter for the Application of Mathematics
Bethlehem, PA United States 18015
- Sawyers, K N
- Rivlin, R S
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Deformation; Elasticity (Mechanics); Static structural analysis; Strain (Mechanics); Wave motion
- Uncontrolled Terms: Strain energy
- Old TRIS Terms: Static deformation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00168212
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CAM-100-28 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0235
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 2004 12:00AM