TUGS AND BARGES IN SOUTH EAST ASIA
The paper gives first an overview of the situation in terms of geographical features, environmental conditions and infrastructure, and describes briefly the nature of the tug and barge trade in the area. Utilisation of tugs and barges is then considered, and primary produce, mineral mining, construction projects and oil exploration are discussed. Singapore as the centre of the south east Asian tug and barge market is dealt with, and a note on the future is included.
- Convention held April 18-22, 1977.
International Tug Convention (5th)Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Moody, D R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Market surveys; Oil exploration; Productivity; Shipping; Trade; Tug ship interaction
- Old TRIS Terms: Market studies; Trade analysis; Tug barge systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM