NEW UNDERWATER WELDING PROCESS PROVED FOR CONTINENTAL SHELF DEPTHS
The paper describes a new flux-cored wire arc welding process which has been developed for use in underwater welding inside ambient pressure dry welding chambers. The process offers good arc stability and fusion characteristics, high metal depositions are provided at the arc. The process has been successfully used offshore in the North Sea, and represents a significant advance in the field of subsea welding.
- Presented at the Conference, May 2-5, 1977 in Houston, Texas.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX USA 45206
- Lythall, D J
- Pinfold, B E
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric arc welding; Fluxes; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Underwater welding; Welding techniques
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00168206
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No 2857, Vol 2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM