NONDESTRUCTIVE EXAMINATION OF SUBSEA STRUCTURES USING ACOUSTIC EMISSION TECHNOLOGY
The technology which utilizes the minute acoustic emissions produced by discontinuities in materials under stress to analyze a strucutre for physical integrity is described. The developement of the technology from large industrial structures to the undersea environment of an offshore platform is discussed, and test results are given.
- Presented at the Conference, May 2-5, 1977 in Houston, Texas.
Offshore Technology Conference6200 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 45206
- Parry, D L
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic properties; Nondestructive tests; Offshore platforms; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic effects
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00168205
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No 2866, Vol 2Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM