OPERATIONS WITH THE LITTON MARINE TREND ANALYSIS SYSTEM
The paper discusses the forthcoming trails of the 270,000 dwt vlcc "Santillana", the first ship to have a "Litton MTAS-1000" (Marine Trend Analysis System) installed to monitor the 36000 hp steam propulsion plant and the auxiliary machinery for their performance and condition. The events leading to the speedy development of the system are described.
- Presented at the Paris Conference on Supervision in Operation and Preventive Maintenance of Marine Machine Systems, May 4-6, 1977.
Bureau Veritas31 rue Henri-Rochefort
Paris 17e, France
- Halperin, H H
- Smallberg, M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Machinery; Monitoring; Propulsion; Steam power plants; Very large crude carriers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Condition monitoring
- Old TRIS Terms: Auxiliary machinery
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00168202
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM