PREVENTIVE DEHYDRATION AND MONITORING OF LUBRICATION OILS FOR MEDIUM SPEED DIESEL ENGINES
Failures due to water contamination, causes of oil deterioration, and methods of water removal are discussed. Vacuum dehydration, particularly a unit which makes use of glassfibre elements, is then described, and typical application is briefly considered.
- Presented at the Paris Conference on Supervision in Operation and Preventative Maintenance of Marine Machine Systems, May 4-6, 1977.
Bureau Veritas31 rue Henri-Rochefort
Paris 17e, France
- Nagel, R
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Contaminants; Deterioration; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Oils
- Old TRIS Terms: Medium speed diesels; Oil degradation
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00168200
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM